A flexible, decentralized computational universe
View and download the original Whitepaper. For more up-to-date developments you can view our Info Hub or Medium page
Technological advances of the last decade, in computer science and allied areas, enable numerous possibilities beyond the centralized and oligopolistic technology infrastructures that have become economically dominant. They afford a great variety of options for implementing radical innovations in the management of global computing resources for the benefit of all. What is needed is an economic and computational context in which experimentation with, exploration and interconnection of multiple innovative potentials occurs freely and rapidly and is driven by a broad variety of human and AI actors.
NuNet provides such a context, via creating a global scalable decentralized computing framework fostering a multi-marketplace community of pragmatic pioneers. It achieves this via:
- 1.Breaking barriers that prevent interoperation of fundamental computational components owned by the general public and different economic players;
- 2.Enabling interoperation of human and machine intelligence for designing, implementing and executing components, and their combinations, in the global computational framework;
- 3.Decoupling computational processes from physical computing infrastructure and location by enabling fluidity and mobility of the computational workflows across multi/hybrid- clouds and diverse proprietary resources.
- 4.Developing ontology, semantics and APIs for providing computational reflection, location and context awareness information to computational processes, enabling intelligent workflow creation, learning and meta-learning with limited human intervention;
- 5.Developing the framework for fair and secure exchange of value of data created by each computational process, mobile device, resource and its owner participating in the ecosystem, where the value can be negotiated in local exchanges without central authority or control.
NuNet’s data exchange and computing framework will enable the integration of distributed computing technologies into a decentralized and scalable network, allowing for anybody to share, monetize and utilize the value of individually owned memory, computing capacities, algorithms, code and data, human creativity and machine intelligence.
There is a broad, deep aspiration here: ultimately, NuNet aims at supporting the elevation of intelligence and the overall efficiency of our computational universes into the next level. There is also a nitty gritty practical aspect: anyone can earn tokens and money (of various sorts) via simply installing a NuNet app on their phone; various sorts of compute processing needed by various businesses will be achievable at lower cost than using alternative methods; and some kinds of data/computing combinations that are now infeasible, or accessible only to tech giants, will become more broadly available (e.g. large-scale analytics of data collected via individual smartphones).
NuNet will enable computational processes (i.e. agents, to use a more concise term) to enact a variety of critical capabilities, leveraging the infrastructure providers and vendors that also play a key role in the network, in a manner orchestrated by the NuNet network operations agents. It will enable agents to:
- 1.Exchange capability and action information between each other;
- 2.Express the value of their capabilities and actions in chosen currency units orcryptographic tokens;
- 3.Exchange this value between each other in any chosen form, giving rise to ad-hocvalue and thereby creating networks of high complexity;
- 4.Create additional value (local, global, economic, social...) by performing individual orcollective actions in the network;
- 5.Learn about actions, performance and capabilities of other agents or value creatingnetworks;
- 6.Encapsulate any simple or complex computational process, AI or ML engine andinteract with humans for leveraging human intelligence for their actions;
NuNet platform will create social and economic value via:
- Enabling cheap computing power to be sourced for executing socially beneficial, community-oriented applications and/or research purposes and enabling latent compute resource owners to earn additional income or donate their resources for beneficial usage.
- Providing an ability to organize global compute processes involving many computing steps, data sources and their novel combinations which are not available via traditional commercial cloud computing services.
- The fully functional NuNet framework will provide value to businesses by intelligently and automatically organizing computations without human intervention or with minimal intervention. Initially, consumers will be able to provide clearly defined business processes to be ingested and executed on the platform. Eventually however, they will be able to provide high level declarative descriptions of their needs, which would be ’compiled’ to a network of computing processes, AI agents and data sources. Further, these ’compiled’ workflows will be optimized based on actual distribution of data, computing power and their capabilities. Even further, the network will re-optimize computing processes automatically when new data sources, and more efficient or capable algorithms get introduced into the framework.
Breaking the barriers of data silos, concentrated hubs of computing power and centralized utilization of software and code, NuNet has the potential to play a key role in shifting the state of global computing from oligopolistic and monopolistic structures to open collaboration and resource sharing without compromising security and privacy, where network effects of disruptive technological developments are fairly shared by all constituents of the system - rather than being available only to super rich companies.