NuNet aims at creating a framework for providing interoperability and transactional layer connecting latent computing resources of privately and commercially owned devices, open-source and proprietary code, data sources, and storage into a single dynamically evolving Global Economy of Decentralized Computing. Through increased accessibility - of resources to process owners, and of processes to resource owners, data to processes, and storage to data - NuNet will result in radically new capabilities of value creation and lower operating costs for the computational processes involved. In the fully functional NuNet framework:
- Computing resource owners (of home or office PCs and laptops, IoT and mobile devices, etc.) will express and publish their specialized capabilities and offer them to processes that need them across diverse ecosystems.
- Storage resource owners will express and publish their storage resource capabilities and offer them for data owners for free or in exchange for tokens depending on their individual preferences. NuNet is primarily a decentralized compute provider platform and will be looking for providing access to distributed storage via partnerships with specialized projects in Web3 space.
- Computational process owners will express and publish their specialized computational and data requirements and bid for resources and know-how, as well as offer and/or spot-sell their own functionalities and capacities across the ecosystem; As a spinoff of SingularityNET AI marketplace, NuNet will first of all provide infrastructure access for deploying AI Services published on the SingularityNET Marketplace — expanding to other partnerships with time.
- Data owners will publish descriptions, access restrictions and privacy considerations of their data, allowing processes to utilize existing data and contribute to its refinement and growth; NuNet seeks partnerships with data marketplaces and monetization protocols to integrate them in to NuNet platform.
- Each participant (e.g. individual users or owners of resources) will be able to express their preferences of how the network should guide the usage of their resources and/or charge convertible cryptographic tokens for the usage of each respective resource;
- Each participant (e.g. social and business enterprises) will be able to bid for free or paid usage of resources offered through the framework and to pay using native NuNet tokens.
NuNet will provide self-regulation of the interactions of three types of participants in the network: providers of data, compute & AI services, consumers of the data & compute (using AI, code, and algorithms), and network operations agents. The latter will orchestrate the creation, execution, and verification of computational workflows connecting providers with consumers into ad-hoc service meshes, where each service is potentially provided by a different entity and compensated according to its preferences. Network operations agents will ensure correct and timely provisioning of services from the decentralized peer-to-peer network, confirmation of executed processes, and correct compensation for services for each service provider according to its preferences and the work done.
In most simple cases, processes operating on NuNet may be simple, standalone computing processes intended to be executed in isolation, in which case NuNet would simply provide adequate computing power and data sources for these simple processes to be completed considering cost constraints. However, the processes themselves may also be participants in various different decentralized networks, having their own features and ecosystems. In the latter case, NuNet realizes what is called a meta marketplace economy (MME) - a modality of operation that will become increasingly valuable over the next few years, as the "network of networks" aspect of the emerging decentralized economy transitions from concept to reality with the increased adoption and interoperability of decentralized computing networks (e.g. SingularityNET, DAIA members and others).
In a most advanced case, ultimately targeted by NuNet as a basis of the global economy of decentralized computing processes, network operation agents will relate data & compute providers from different decentralized (and possibly commercial) computing frameworks with AI, code, and algorithms of diverse entities into service-mesh type ad-hoc workflows. NuNet governance and tokenomic framework will ensure that a contract for computational work demanded from a workflow by the consumer is delivered and each component of the workflow is compensated according to work done, agreed prices, and using cryptographic tokens of involved frameworks and computational engines.
The meta marketplace economy of NuNet will be supported by the network operations agents using, among other mechanisms:
- 2.A governance paradigm geared towards establishing rich collaborations among humans as well as AI agents over an open-ended, heterogeneous globally connected infrastructure.
NuNet Platform is an Open Source Software. We are building a framework where community developers and solution providers are able to build their own solutions and incorporate them into the network thus providing continuous evolution of the technology. Initially, the NuNet core team will be building all network components as well as use-case integrations for specific usages and business models, enabling value flows and transactions via a native tokenomic system powered by NTX utility token. The ultimate goal, however, is to provide a suite of Open APIs enabling community developers and solution providers to offer, build and monetize innovative platform components via the same Open APIs — resulting in an Open Source evolving compute framework, accessible to community and business solution providers alike.